From the register
Dear MG C driver, dear MG C driver,
More than forty years have passed since the first MG Cs rolled off the production line in Abingdon.
Most of the 6-cylinder MGs produced in 9002 went to America including Canada (approx. 3500), the second largest part went to England, the rest was distributed to the rest of Europe and a relatively small share to Australia, New Zealand and a few other countries. On the European continent, a very large if not the largest share - and this is no joke - fell to Switzerland. It is estimated that this was at least 300 vehicles, maybe a little more.
Always standing a little in the shadow of its predecessor - the Austin-Healey 3000 - the MG C's have found a very broad and loyal following. Accordingly, the MG C Register has set itself the task to register all MG C & MG C GTs in Switzerland (independent of a membership at the MG Car Club).
Since the beginning of the collection in 1991, about 260 MG C & MG C GT have been added to the list and more are being added continuously. I would be very pleased if you could fill out the enclosed form and return it to the MG C Register together with a photo (paper 13x18 or digital at least 2400 x 1600 pixels; from front right or left).
The activities of the MGC Register contain:
- Keeping the MGC (Roadster) & MGCGT (Coupe) vehicle register with registration of all MGC models available in Switzerland, regardless of whether they are registered or not.
The MGC & MGCGT with a V8 engine are also covered.
- Archiving and exchange of model-specific historical or technical data.
- Technical support & assistance in the search for hard to find spare parts
- Organization of activities (cultural & technical), meetings & excursions
- Register-Stammtisch (currently on hold)
- Contacts with MGC register of foreign MG Car Clubs
- Coordination for participation in events organized by MGC register of foreign MG Car Clubs.
- Communication & information about the Register and activities via Signpost, MG Car Club Newsletter, MG C Register Newsletter, MG Car Club website.